Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Qwest

Interesting turn of events. After starting this online course, I realized that my internet connection is too slow. Or maybe I'm too impatient. Either way, I started talking to people about better internet service. Lucky for me, my neighbors had the same problems with my current internet company, but had since switched to Qwest. Their very positive experience (on the back end) encouraged me to try it out... as well as the introductory value proposition of a lower price point. (Roberts 56,89)

My visit to www.qwest.com landed me on a page with a few great offers - a nice way to engage me (acquisition) as a first time customer. (Roberts 84) Once I clicked through on the too-good-to-pass-up offer, I was greeted by a pop up with a live customer agent asking if I needed help. Normally I would be displeased with such an intrusion, but since my knowledge of the different packages was low, I engaged in conversation. Of course, this high level of service and support led to my purchase of a new internet plan. (Roberts 85)

I'm only partially through my purchasing process. No idea yet if I'll be loyal to this new company. But if I continue to have easy access to service, a quality product and the costs don't increase dramatically, Qwest may just retain me. (Roberts 85)

Let's hope they've thoroughly reviewed their value chain and continue to meet my needs as a consumer.

1 comment:

  1. Speed is both a driver (for adoption) and an enabler (for customer satisfaction). It takes a lot of fixed costs to improve speed, which is one reason there is an argument going on in the Internet world about "net neutrality."

    ReplyDelete