Even though Target has an overwhelming number of retail items, they have a few features that allow them to meet the needs of individual shoppers, especially in the realm of gift registries. Target.com offers gift registries for babies, weddings and anyone who's dreaming of a longer shopping list. I can appreciate that I don't have to have a baby or get married just to make a dream shopping list. In that way, Target is meeting my needs. (Roberts 22)
What I particularly liked (if I were to create a registry), was the customer feedback section. I prefer reading other buyers' opinions before I buy online - a few positive reviews can sell me on an item. Any website can turn a happy customer into free advertising by making it easy to give feedback. But as Christopher Haddad pointed out on the Hubspot Blog, be prepared for all sorts of feedback - including negative comments. He makes a good point to follow up with peeved off customers. Target definitely makes the reviews easy to find and quick to browse.
Another advantage of the Target.com gift registry is that anyone from my mother in NH or my friend in Duluth can access the same registry and then choose to purchase online OR in the store. Internet has revolutionized gift registries in that geography no longer matters. (Roberts 18)
Target - nice work on making your gift registry accessible and easy to use.
Target operates the USA's #1 gift registry. It is a very big money-maker for them.
ReplyDelete